Monday, March 16, 2009

Introduction

I never thought I'd end up with a blog. I didn't see the point, because basically, the blogs I'd seen seemed to fit into two categories. Either 1)talking about the blogger's personal life, or 2)opinion pieces on particular subjects. I personally think talking about your personal life on a blog is kind of narcissistic. How many people really care that you mowed your lawn today, or that you embarrassed yourself in front of your crush? Besides that, do I really want anyone with an internet connection to be able to read all about my life? In terms of the opinion blog, I never felt like I had any insight or knowledge to share on what seemed to me to be the biggest topics: politics and technology.

But, you know, today I was thinking, and I've found my topic. I've been classically trained on the cello for the past ten years, I have approximately 6,000 songs on my iPod in various genres, I've played in pit orchestras, I'm now in a band. I might have something worthwhile to say after all.

So welcome to my blog, and let's see if I can pull this off.

1 comment:

  1. I like the heading, and, in general, your blog is clean and aesthetically pleasing and the topic is clearly defined and well explored.

    ReplyDelete